January 22, 2014

BABIES!!!

I'm totally loving knitting for the new babies in my family. I had finished off the first Sunnyside sweater.


Then decided that I had enough of TFA Purple Label in Garnet for a second sweater. So the first little angel will have 2 sweaters in this heavenly yarn so she can grow into it. I made one in the 3-6 month size and one in the 6-12 month size. I just need to add zippers. I'm hooked on zippers for all sweaters. Especially for babies, since trying to button a sweater with a million pearl sized buttons on a hyper squirmy baby is nearly impossible. Aesthetically it's not as pretty as a sweater with buttons but functionally it's a god send!!


Then I need to knit a couple sweaters for the 2nd little angel. I'm currently knitting another Sunnyside using a skein of Woolen Rabbit Oasis in Violette that I've had in my stash for a while. I love how it's turning out so far. I'm further along than what the photo shows. I've just finished the yoke and have divided the sleeves. So hopefully I'll have this completed shortly. It really depends how much knitting time my baby is going to allow me ;-)


My cousin also requested a stripey sweater for her little girl. So I'm in the middle of tossing the stash to see if I can find some suitable yarns. This is the only thing I'm undecided about but it will work it's self out. Choices, Choices.....

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment