March 08, 2014

Crocodile Stitch Booties...

After my epic Sunnyside knitting marathon, I was ready to pack up all the sweaters and mail them off. ASAP!! That was until my Aunt tagged me in a shared post on FB that included pictures of Crocodile Stitch Booties. My cousin immediately commented that she loved them. So knowing that, I started digging through the stash to see if I could find any yarn that would work. You would think that in my ridiculously huge stash I could find 1 skein of yarn to use.

Of course not.

 So a visit to my local yarn store was in order. Which ended in me buying 2 balls of yarn and a set of bamboo crochet hooks. I can't tell you how crocheting with the cheap Walmart crochet hooks raises my anger level from Moderate Anger to Excessive Meltdown is Imminent. Like, right NOW! Anyways, it was completely necessary to purchase the set. Which I totally don't regret because it made the whole experience a whole lot better.

I started out crocheting the sole and knew right away that the single skein of Katia Darling I bought wasn't going to work. I ripped back and tried it double stranded. Which sounds easier than it actually was bc I had to match up the color gradients. So it took a bit of time to get it to match up. Then I started crocheting again. This time I got the sole and boot portion done before I realized, that it was way too big.

Frick.

That meant I had to rip it out again. Now I was a little peeved but the anger level was manageable. So I went back to the Crafty Lady (AGAIN) and perused the yarn to see if there was anything that would work. I knew I was going to need a lace weight yarn because obviously doubling the yarn increased the size exponentially. When I saw the perfect skein. Debbie Bliss Party Angel in like a goldie cream. It was completely perfect.

As soon as I got home I casted on again and started crocheting. I loved how it was turning out and I was crusing along when I decided that I apparently knew more than the pattern did. Epic failure. It then required more ripping out. This was not the only occurrence. I misread the instructions and ripped out. This is what happens when your so stubborn that you are determined that your going to finish a bootie before you go to bed. I eventually threw in the towel around midnight-ish and decided that maybe sleep would help the situation.

It totally did. The next day I ripped out and followed the instructions to a T and (surprise, surprise) it turned out. Then I motored on the second bootie and before I knew it by the evening I had a set :-)


Yarn : Katia Darling in 201 & Debbie Bliss Party Angel in 15510
Pattern: Crocodile Stitch Booties by Bonita Patterns

Good news is I have an extra skein of Katia Darling but in a different colorway so I'm thinking that I may cast on another set of booties in the future. Maybe after all my obligatory knitting is done.

Happy Knitting / Crocheting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment