April 01, 2014

FO : BFF Socks

I'm so happy :-) 

My sister wanted a pair of socks for her birthday. I was hesitant because I was still on my anti-sock movement but relented. I was determined to use an older stashed yarn and while perusing the stash decided on using an old skein of Bamboolicious Yarn by Zen Yarn Garden in a OOAK colorway. I'm not going to lie. I absolutely HATED the colorway when it was skeined but after I got it wound into a ball I started to like it. Then as I knit it I started to love it. I guess it's a lesson on not to judge yarn when its in the skein. 


And another picture so you can see the cabling. 


I will be finishing up another pair of socks for my father for his birthday which is later this month. I have no progress pictures of it but I've finished the heel and am working on the leg portion. 


I'm using Trekking Pro Natura by Zitron.
It'll be interesting on how it wears. It's a bit rougher than standard wool but not uncomfortable to knit with. As soon as I cast off the first sock I'm going to give it a wash to see how it blooms. If at all. I'm not sure since it's made with 25% raw bamboo fiber. 

Hopefully I'll have a yarn update for the next post ;-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment