May 18, 2014

Wholly.... Procrastination!!

Wholly moley! Talk about procrastination! I've taken a bunch of photos and posted them in Instagram but I haven't had a chance to get a blog post together. I'm so bad! So this is going to be a bit of a catch up post :-)

I'm quite pleased with how my spinning is progressing! Every bobbin I fill seems to be more even and a bit thinner. These 3 bobbins were all spun in the same day.


I find spinning incredibly relaxing now. The initial learning process was a bit frustrating but as everything came together and I got in a rhythm it became very zen like :-) 

Which is awesome because I can use more zen in my life ;-)

Although plying is a separate matter altogether. My first time was an epic fail. I seemed to get a hold of it towards the end but it will take some practice as well. No photos of my epic fail ;-)

Secondly, I've been falling behind in listing yarn to my Etsy shop! I've had some skeins dyed but not reskeined them yet. Not to mention that I spent some time dyeing the other day, so now I have 15 skeins to reskein! I'm hoping my little girl will let me work on rectifying that tomorrow :-)

I also have some FO's to share :-)

I finished a pair of plain stockinette socks for my mom for Mother's Day! It's a good thing that she likes ankle socks or there would have been a great possibility that they wouldn't have been done. I liked how it knitted up :-) They are definitely crazy Psychedelic socks ;-)


Pattern: It's a Hodge Podge ;-) I work my socks toe up using : Judy's Magic Cast On, Wendy Knit's Slip Stitch Heel, and I use this Stretchy Cast Off
Yarn : Prairie Knitting Yarns Sparkle Sock in a castaway skein that is close to Hippie Dippie

Lastly, I knitted a toque for my friend Kaylee. It was her birhtday and she really wanted me to knit her something. So she was quite excited when I showed her my stash on Ravelry so she could choose what yarn she wanted. She was immediately attacted to the brightest pinks. Which is perfect since I am NOT a pink person. It's amazing that I even have any pink in my stash.

Pattern: Cabled Canuck by Tanis Lavallee
Yarns : Dragonfly Dyewerx Smooshy Sock in Princess 2.0 (darker pink) & Rocky Mountain Dyeworks Sundance Sock in Red Hot Pink

I'm knitting her a pair of mittens as well but the colors will be reversed. I didn't have enough of one color to do both projects. I am quite pleased with the Sundance Sock. At first I wasn't sure how it would work since I knit it double stranded. It seemed a little 'OFF' but I plunked away anyway. I then decided to give it a good soak, then I threw it in the washer and dryer and boy did that make all the difference. It bloomed so well and softened up to the point where it was heavenly. It's very seldom where I keep knitting on a project when I have an 'OFF' feeling but in this case it worked out. Usually I'm swearing after as I'm ripping it out ;-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment