July 31, 2014

Mixing Colors...

I had a lot of fun last weekend :-) I had ordered a lot of undyed roving so I could continue developing my spinning skills. It was all white, and after spinning white for a while, this girl needs a bit of color :-)



So I decided that I was going to spend a good portion of the day dyeing roving. I had previously ordered a set of Wilton cake dyes from amazon.ca. I also had some Kool-Aid left over so I decided to play a bit with them in the crockpot.



This one is one of my favorites :-) I used the Wilton Candy Blue, Candy Red and Candy Yellow. I love how the blue came out :-)



This braid is a mix of Kool-Aid and Wilton. I used Lemon-Lime, Grape and Cherry Kool-Aid & Wilton Candy Blue to fill in the gaps when the Kool-Aid dye exhausted. I love how the Grape Kool-Aid fractured into a pinky purple & blue. I love that look!



I used Wilton Candy Orange, Candy Blue, and Candy Yellow in this braid. 

So overall I'm quite happy how they turned out. Now that I've played around with different dyeing tequniques I'm going to go back to Acid dyes the next time I get the urge to dye up some roving :-) 

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment