August 19, 2014

Spacin' Out...

I can't believe that it's been just under 3 weeks of radio silence!! I'm sorry but have no excuses ;-) 

I have something new to share with you though! It's my new spinning wheel :-) I bought it used from a friend and I'm so in love with it! It's a Majacraft Rose. I absolutely love the engraving on it. It reminds me of my Baba Rose :-)



This wheel spins like a dream! I've been spinning here and there. Then the odd time I'll be glued to it spinning for a couple hours. It's complete heaven :-)



Here's the first skein I spun up on it! I used a braid of Prairie Spring by Be Bold My Love. This my favourite braid so far. It spun up great and I was able to get it fairly even. I ended up getting 370 yards in a sport weight yarn.

The only slightly irritating thing about it is that the rust color wasn't set in the dye. I didn't find this out until I had plied, skeined and it was soaking in the sink for its first bath. Which was a bummer. I rinsed it out real good then let it sit in an citric acid bath for 30 mins then nuked it. That worked very good. There's still a bit of rust in the undyed single in the yarn but I've been reassured by other fiber friends that it's not THAT noticable. I'm still undecided but we'll see ;-)

See... there wasn't that much to catch up on ;-)

Happy Knitting / Spinning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment