September 10, 2014

Stagnant No More...

So about 2 years ago I bought a loom. I had my mind made up on what kind of loom I wanted. I had my heart set on a 32" Kromski Rigid Heddle Loom so I bought it. I got it pretty quickly, which I was happy about! Then I put the box in my spare bedroom (AKA : the craft room) and there it stayed for a year. 

About a year ago, I was cleaning / organizing my craft room and I found it again! So I spent a little bit of time assembling it. Then it went back into the spare room closet. 



Where it still resides today. The loom stand has been living on my filing cabinets!



So I decided that this year I was going to figure out how to use my loom. I bought a couple books and flipped through them. It's an extreme under statement to say that I was overwhelmed with all the steps. It was then that I figured I needed to find a guild. Queue in Ravelry. I created a post in the Red Deer group to find a guild in Red Deer / Central Alberta and I got a response :-) 

So I attended my first meeting as part of the Parkland Handweavers Guild and it was a lot f fun. The ladies are all very nice :-) So now I'm on my way to accomplishing this goal I set for myself. I got to check out some of the WIP's they have on their looms for the guild and I was beyond inspired.


 


I have aspirations to be this good in the future :-) Maybe the distant future ;-) 

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment