October 22, 2014

And A Month Flies By...

The last month has been a little crazy. My daughter was teething like crazy. She had 4 molers pop in which made me want to cry out in frusteration and exhaustion. They took  just over 2 weeks to come in. Now she has her eye teeth popping in. 1 has cracked the gums the other 3 are at various stages of bumping out. Mom's just don't get a break! 

So during that time there hasn't been too much knitting time. When my daughter was awake she turns into a little monkey and when I crack out my knitting she likes to crawl all over me ;-) So the only knitting time I've gotten is when she's napping (which is few and far between these days) or when she's down for the night. Which is also spuratic. Sometimes she's down at 8pm sometimes she's up until 11pm. 

So saying that here's my knitting progress :-)


Pattern : my standard tie up recipe.

 I wanted to use up all of the scraps from my Star Trek inspired yarns so I'm going to keep doing stripes until I run out of yarn :-) This is my small portable mindless knitting project. It gives me a break from the next project when I need a POP of color :-)


This is my giant sweater blob. I'm close to finishing it and may or may not have enough yarn. I'm going to be cutting it close, so I'm deviating from my initial plan for this sweater. I originally wanted to do a shawl collar but because of this issue I've decided to leave the button band stitches on the waste yarn and work the sleeves first. Then I can work the button band / collar until I run out of yarn. I hope there's enough yarn for a shawl collar but I'll have to see how it turns out.



I really enjoy knitting with this yarn :-) The color is great and I can't seem to get the color right in any of my photos. It's so rich in person :-) The pattern is well written and simple. I'm further along than what shows in the photo. I've just finished the waist shaping and started working on the sleeves. My plan is to finish the sleeves then use up all the yarn in length. 

I'm quite excited to begin the button search for this sweater. I'm determined that this sweater is for me :-)



Lastly, here's a photo of my spinning progress from this ast month :-) I'm quite pleased with myself and my progress! My only problem is that I get in the groove of spinning and my bobbin looks all lumpy :-( I'm seriously considering buying a WooLee Winder :-) Maybe for Christmas!! I'll have to send some hints to my husband ;-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment