November 09, 2014

Goodies From The Calgary Fibre Arts Fair...

I've been looking forward to the Calgary Fibre Arts Fair since the summer and the last week I've been counting down the days :-) This is the first one and I was very pleased with it! I was a little disappointed that there were only a few vendors but it can only get bigger every year :-) 

I took a few pictures of a couple of the booths and my favourite items!

The first booth I came across was the Danware booth. They had an abundance of yarn bowls, knit buddy skein holders, and hand lathed knitting needles. The prices were very reasonable, and my friend Lori was able to score a pair of needles. They were beyond beautiful.




I fell in love with the gorgeous braids at the Dragonfly Dyewerx booth. I've boughten from her etsy store before and was very pleased with her yarn :-) We had a wonderful little chat and she sold quite a few items! I had to come back to get this photo and she had sold quite a few braids already!



I had taken a few photos and this is the only one that I could get when there wasn't a pile of people scrambling to grab yarn ;-)

I then skirted over to the Little Barn Studio table and they had a wonderful assortment of braids as well. 



I kept looking at this braid! It was calling my name. 



Although I had already bought some roving and some beautiful buttons. By then the budget was blown ;-)

This was the first purchase I made. I saw the Spin Candy Rainbow Merino Felt Packs from KathFish Fibre Arts and I just had to buy all 3. I'm not planning on felting them but instead I'll spin them. My plan is to eventually make a sweater for my toddler. Although since I'm in the mist of christmas knitting it will have to wait until next year.



Next up? My favorite booth there! I kept going back. Over and over again. I chatted to the Chasing Fire hop owner for a bit towards then end and she helped me find some buttons that would work for a WIP. 



Her buttons were a complete hit and stock dwindled very fast! I was able to buy 2 sets.



The grey/blue ones are for a project I'm finishing up but I bought the blue / green ones on impulse. My button collection is completely out of control and soon I'm going to have to buy yarn to match my buttons ;-)

At the same table was Tamara. She has her own Etsy store Daddysgirl . I was chatting with her for a bit and I was completely enthralled with her Hansen Crafts Mini Spinner. She did all the carving herself. She's the only approved vendor to alter the Hansen Crafts Mini Spinner. So if anyone is interested in a customized Mini Spinner get in contact with her :-)



Tamara also makes these beyond gorgeous bags :-)



I'll definately be going back next year. I had so much fun :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment