September 15, 2015

Christmas Knitting ...

Since I'm due just before Christmas this year I'm determined to get as many Christmas gifts knitted up as possible. This year I have decided to do socks for my family members and toques for my husbands co-workers. I've been tossing the stash looking for yarns that are compatible for toques. So far I've pulled out some handspun yarn and some Manos del Uruguay in Wool Clasica and Maxima. These skeins have been in my stash for a couple years and are a quick knit :-)

The first toque knit up fast in a day:




And the second toque just needs the crown decreased tonight :-)




Pattern: Regular Guy Beanie by Chuck Wright

I think I may have to knit another 4-8 toques after these 2. It depends if I also want to knit toques for their spouses. It'll be an ongoing project while I'm knitting socks. Mostly if I need a break from knitting socks for a day ;-)

No updates on my Christmas sock knitting. I'm working on the eye searing socks and have been procrastinating a bit just because they are just so damn bright!! But so far I'm on target for my sock knitting and I was even able to finish a pair of socks for our hunting buddy Bill. Hunting season is just around the corner and I'm sure Bill will be getting some good use out of these socks ;-)




Pattern: Cinder Block Socks by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Socrates

I love knitting with this yarn. It's one of my fav commercial sock yarns. This is the only yarn my husband loves for socks. The alpaca/ merino/ bamboo mix makes it light and lofty but still soft and super warm :-) It also blooms nicely when washed. It gets fluffy and makes a nice fabric. I hope Bill loves them :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment