October 14, 2015

Now that the chaos is over...



The week before Thanksgiving was quite chaotic for me. We decided to have my family over for thanksgiving dinner so it requires a lot of preparation. We do the traditional Ukrainian dinner so I had to make Nyleshniki and Perogies. Perogies take the most preparation. I usually make 3 types of perogies but this year I decided to do just 2. The winners were cheddar bacon and sour krought and bacon. One afternoon was dedicated to making the filling. Then the following morning was dedicated to making enough perogies dough and then 6 hours of pinching. The end result was 7 big freezer bags of perogies. This was more than enough for Thanksgiving dinner. I have enough in my freezer to tide me over well after my next child is born in December :-)

Nykeshniki is relatively easier to make since it's just a crepe with cottage cheese and fill filling. It only took me a couple hours to make that.

The whole meal went off extremely well! My husband smoked a ham on our BBQ and it turned out awesome.

Now that the holiday chaos is done I can get back to relaxing and knitting :-)

Right now I'm knitting on the 2nd pair of Cinder Block Socks and I'm determined to get these casted off in the next 2-3 days!




I'm not going to get super excited or anything bc I still have 2 more pairs of socks, an infinity scarf and about 3 more toques to knit for my Christmas Knitting. I'm still confident that it will be done before this baby is born ;-)

This is the latest pair of socks I added to my Christmas Knitting list. My brother has a wonderful new girlfriend and I'm sure she would love a pair of socks for Christmas as well :-)




I'm using a couple leftover scrap balls of Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label in Garnet and Zen Yarn Garden Bamboolicious in a OOAK colorway.

This project is my night knitting since I can't even fathom knitting with black yarn at night ;-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment