October 28, 2015

So close...

I was able to finish knitting the Garnet Scrappy Socks meant for my brothers girlfriend for Christmas the other day. They look fabulous and I'm hoping to get some FO photos today. I should have taken them sooner but I haven't been feeling up to it. Just a bit sleepy as this child is sapping all the energy out of me ;-) but I only have under 2 months to go :-)

The good news is that since I finished this pair of socks I only have 1 more pair to knit up!! The bad news is that they are black socks for a men's size 12 foot! Sigh!! I'm going to knit on them a bit today to see if I can make a dent in the first sock!

I've decided that since I can't work on black socks for too long without being increasingly bored, I've casted on a Stockholm Scarf with the remaining 1.5 skeins of Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label in Velvet ! I had knit one last year for my sister and had intentions of knitting another one for a gift but didn't have enough time. So this year the other one will be knit for a gift as well :-) The pattern is a 4 row repeat and it is quite meditative, so I made some good progress on it the other day :-)




This photo is horrible since it was taken in the evening. Long after the sun has gone down. I'm done about 1/4 to 1/3 of the scarf. It looks fabulous and I'm positive that it will be loved :-) This will be my "I'm sick of knitting black socks" project ;-)

I'm hoping that if I buckle down I can whip the black socks out in the next couple weeks! Then I can work on finishing a couple other projects before I start on my SELFISH KNITTING!!!!! I may be a little excited to be knitting for myself again ;-) But one step at a time :-)

On another note; I was able to get a day of dyeing in last week and listed some beautiful skeins in my Etsy Shop :-)



Hydrangea on Wild Rose Sock



Tropical Paradise on Wild Rose Sock



Woodlands on Wild Rose Sock



Dirty Frog on BFL Sock



Woodlands-2 on BFL Sock



Woodlands-1 on BFL Sock

I am so pleased with how these hand painted skeins came out :-) I haven't hand painted yarn in a little while. My last batch of yarn was kettle dyed (which was completely new for me) and was a pleasant experience as well! I love how it allows my creativity to flow :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment