August 23, 2016

A Few Changes...

It's been about 2 years since I started Prairie Dye Studio and I wasn't sure what the response would be but I knew that it would take a couple years to establish a business. I had just become a stay at home mom with my first child and I wanted to follow that dream I've always had to dye yarn.

Fast forward a couple years and I now have 2 little girls. One 3.5 year old and a 8 month old. The response to my business has been fabulous since I did the Calgary Fibre Shindig in April and has continued to grow. I am beyond grateful for this growth and it has helped me fill my moments with a creative outlet 😍❤️

With all this growth I've been trying to balance my home life with my business and it's start to be come a little out of balance! Especially with my 8 month old crawling like a beast 😂 So I've decided to stream line my business a bit and do smaller updates. I'll still continue to stagger yarn updates and project bag updates but the only difference is that the project bags and yarn will be released in smaller batches. So as I finish up each batch of project bags in a certain fabric they will be added to my Etsy Shop. The changes will probally be very minimal for the yarn updates but there's a possibility that it may take a couple days to stagger out the different colorway to my Etsy Shop. 

Right now it's just prioritizing what comes first and I want to enjoy my time with my little ones. So hence the smaller updates 😄

I'll be doing my sewing / dyeing when they nap and I'll be doing smaller batches. The reason for this change is that I have such little time between nap times or when my husband gets home to work, that for the last little while I've been burning the candle at both ends to get everything done. So to maximize my creative time I'll just be dyeing up or sewing up what's creatively freeing for me 😍  It's why I started my small business and I've kinda detracted from it. . So I need to pull back a bit and just focus on the creative aspect of my job and business. So saying that, that's why I won't be able to do custom orders. I'll only have what's available in my Etsy Shop and some colorways I really enjoy dyeing. So no need to worry about My Old Black Powder never coming back 😂 Plus a lot of new colorways! 

Thanks so much for your love, support and understanding!! 

Melissa
PrairieDyeStudio

No comments:

Post a Comment