April 03, 2017

Delayed FO Photos 😳

My husband has wanted a hand knit sweater for quite a few years and I had just never gotten around to it. I had this stigma in my mind, pretty much like the sweater curse for your boyfriend. Well we've been married for 9 (going on 10 years) and have been together for an additional 6 years before that. Not to mention we have 2 kids and 3 dogs πŸ˜‚ so maybe I made him wait a little long. I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So I decided to bite the bullet and to finally Knit him a sweater. It was suppose to be for Christmas 2016 but it didn't get done. The knitting portion was done. That just left seaming the underarms and the zipper but that was quickly done a few weeks after Christmas. Just in time for his birthday! 

 
Pattern : Γ‰milien by Ariane Caron-Lacoste
Yarn : Cascade 220 Superwash Worsted in 1974

He loves the sweater and has worn it often since receiveing it. I've washed it quite a few times. He loves how it's warm but breathes. The miracles of Merino ❤πŸ˜‚ 

The next FO picture is of my Frozen Socks! With my kiddos I can't knit anything except for mindless stockinette socks. I started these socks in October 2016 for the Calgary Fibre Shindig (Fall Edition πŸ˜‰) and wasn't able to finish them as Christmas knitting was in full swing after! So I casted them off a few weeks ago and they are heavenly! 

 
Yarn : Prairie Dye Studio MCN Sock in Ana

I've worn them often since casting them off and have already pilfered a skein of Maligne on MCN Sock bc this base is complete heaven!

I have a few skeins left in this colorway on the Anna's Sock base in my Etsy Shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment